Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > Support Center > Suggestions

Old 06-17-2021   #1
Iamgod
Registered Member

Lightbulb Make slayer dungeon monsters possible to kill for a fee

Hey, perhaps we could make the slayer dungeon monsters killable without a slayer task?

I understand that this might be the way it is due to wanting to protect the economy but maybe it's a little late.

This way people could have more ways to get herbs to max out the skill. Right now it is a little too hard in my opinion to do so. Also the Zamorak wine drops should be buffed, monsters drop them too less at a time or add more monsters who drop the wine.
Iamgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021   #2
Pro Noob
Developer

Last time we tried to do something with being able to kill monster off task from a dungeon, it was not popular. It had 48%, which can be seen here.
If the majority wants it, we could try poll it and see what people think.

Last edited by Pro Noob; 06-17-2021 at 02:39 PM.
Pro Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021   #3
Iamgod
Registered Member

Hmm alright, what do you guys think?

Just need a more efficient way to get herbs to be honest, and wines.
Old 06-17-2021   #4
Thunder
Registered Member

Yeah I think we should totally be able to kill the slayer monsters we have the required level for without a task. No real point to making us have a task except to make herbs harder to get. Herblore isn't even that good of a skill. We can kill dag prime off task for the highest dps in the game, why not be able to kill everything else too?

It also feels to me that zamorak wines and dwarf weed is WAY too hard to obtain. The drop rates on the ghouls need to be up'd big time. By using the examine feature WITH a ring of wealth, I only get 10-20-30-40 of each in 1000 kills. That drop rate is WAAAYYY too slow. These items should not be rare at all.

Last edited by Thunder; 06-17-2021 at 03:19 PM.
Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021   #5
supertje
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
Yeah I think we should totally be able to kill the slayer monsters we have the required level for without a task.
i agree this
Old 06-17-2021   #6
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Yeah I think we should totally be able to kill the slayer monsters we have the required level for without a task. No real point to making us have a task except to make herbs harder to get. Herblore isn't even that good of a skill. We can kill dag prime off task for the highest dps in the game, why not be able to kill everything else too?

It also feels to me that zamorak wines and dwarf weed is WAY too hard to obtain. The drop rates on the ghouls need to be up'd big time. By using the examine feature WITH a ring of wealth, I only get 10-20-30-40 of each in 1000 kills. That drop rate is WAAAYYY too slow. These items should not be rare at all.
The drop rate have been upped once before. The reason prime is off task is how dodian had it set as.
Old 06-17-2021   #7
Thunder
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Noob View Post
The drop rate have been upped once before. The reason prime is off task is how dodian had it set as.
Well it definitely still needs to be upped a TON. Herbs and secondaries should not be rare like that. I feel very sorry for the people who played before it was "buffed" lol. I'd be mighty surprised if anyone believes we should only be getting 30 herbs/secondaries in a thousand kills. (With Ring of Wealth)

Edit: By a "ton" I'm not meaning as much as some are probably thinking. we currently get 30-40 herbs and secondaries from a thousand kills and I feel it should at least be 100.

Last edited by Thunder; 06-19-2021 at 03:30 AM.
Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021   #8
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Well it definitely still needs to be upped a TON. Herbs and secondaries should not be rare like that. I feel very sorry for the people who played before it was "buffed" lol. I'd be mighty surprised if anyone believes we should only be getting 30 herbs/secondaries in a thousand kills. (With Ring of Wealth)
Define 'a TON', as it is currently ok. Maybe in the future we could add other stuff like the farming skill and what not. For right now I will try and not change much to the drops, unless we got a good grasp on the right drop rate.

Last edited by Pro Noob; 06-17-2021 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-17-2021   #9
Iamgod
Registered Member

Not sure if a TON but perhaps around 10% buff would come a long way.

Farming skill would be very sick man. I see Herblore more as a secondary skill which compliments Farming.

Without the Farming skill, Herblore skill suffers badly, we are all pretty much unofficial Ironman as supplies are very rarely sold. As an Ironman with no access to a GE to buy herbs, an Ironman would max Herblore by Farming and killing monsters. Without the Farming possibility an Ironman would need to kill a lot of monsters, which would take a very long time.

It wouldn't be as bad for us here, as the XP rate is x4 but still, the skill is very slow. I've played for half a year, maxed out most of my stats but im still not even near to getting 99 herblore, only level 82 as of now.

I think the Gnome Agility Course rewards should also be looked into, it does indeed give herbs but the herbs are pretty much useless. Low level herbs or ranarr herbs which can't even be used for anything beneficial.

Last edited by Iamgod; 06-17-2021 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-18-2021   #10
supertje
Registered Member

an update to add the farming skill is not a go at this moment, the code behind cant handle it, and if we will handle that we need allot to fix and clean it first!

What we can do maybe, and i offer the help to the developer team again, we can look at the drops atm and rebalance them.