Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Site

Old 04-19-2021   #1
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Default What is going on?

Update! It looks like Volume/RuneLives didn't want to fuck us over, he just seem to have other plans. I have not been informed of anything that he wanted to do in regards to disband our partnership. However it's safe to say that there won't be a partnership between RuneLives and Dodian anymore.

I believe some people had their doubts about the partnership. Some people also have their doubts about me delivering any work. I wanted to engage the partnership because it unites the community, as opposed to divide it. That said I have no strong motivation to try and compete with anybody else. I just want a decent server for the community I've been a part of the past 10 years or so of my life. Now this will have to happen without the partnership.

Now the big question you might have is; "WHEN ARE YOU RELEASING THE NEW DAMN SERVER!??". To answer this question; I know I've taken my time doing nothing and "promising" a lot. I have no time frame (sorry), but I'm working out the new website so we have that settled. Two things left to do there really; finish the two factor authentication and Discord integration. When this is done I can start piecing together the Dodian content on the new server base.

In terms of contributing, the new server will also remain open source. There are however very lacking documentation on how to contribute towards Dodian's open source projects as of yet. However I will get to work on those later on. So right now I don't think contributing is feasible unless you have experience with Git and Java programming.

I'm going to keep this rather brief. I personally have no idea what is going on, but we're aware that Volume/RuneLives just deleted the Discord or kicked us out. He didn't notify me in any kind of way and thus I've removed his and Hooch's admin privileges to make sure things stay operational and in good condition. Well, at least not worse condition than prior to their promotions.

At no point in time were they given any access to the infrastructure, they only had site admin, so there should be no reason to fear any breaches coming later on from them.

I will make sure to keep you informed when I learn more about the situation.

Last edited by Nozemi; 04-19-2021 at 05:35 AM.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021   #2
Nightleaf
Registered Member

Good move to ensure that we protect what we have here. If you need any help you know where to find me.
Nightleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021   #3
Hooch
Administrator

Hey everyone, to be clear with everyone about the situation. I currently do not know any details on why Runelives decided to do this. Nothing was said to me involving this decision and Nozemi has to do what he believes is in the best interest of the community.
Hooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021   #4
supertje
Registered Member

wow wtf, and things where good looking at this point, so cry out and we start again, this community will rebuild a new server i belive in it!
Old 04-19-2021   #5
Sir RuneLive

This is RuneLives. FYI, I did not delete the Discord server. I am unsure of who did. I am dedicated to still bringing a great Dodian experience to the people who are waiting. I will continue to develope the server, and a new Discord is in the makings. This is a minor set-back, but there will be a major come-back. I apologies to anyone who has had a misunderstanding, and I am simply posting this to let everyone be aware of the state of things.
Sir RuneLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021   #6
Dashboard
Registered Member

I prefer the current administration over new people
Dashboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021   #7
Nightleaf
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashboard View Post
I prefer the current administration over new people