Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Dodian Server

View Poll Results: Would you donate towards development tasks for Dodian?
Yes 9 90.00%
No 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2021   #1
Nozemi

Default Donations & Task List

We've gotten a few requests from people wishing to throw some money at Dodian to support it. We do appreciate that a lot, and would love to take donations. However I personally have denied every request for that because Dodian is in no shape to be worth spending money on at the moment.

However, what needs to be done for donations to be worth (in my opinion), is to complete the new server. Which brings me to the idea of setting up a list of tasks that needs doing, then let the community vote by putting money towards a task they want to see completed. Then since the server and client is open source, whoever completes the task will be receiving the bounty on that task.

If we were to do this, we'd have to make some conditions on certain tasks. Like no content-based tasks can be completed before the server core itself is ready and completed. It would also be crucial that enough people are actually this invested in Dodian that they'd wish to spend a worthwhile amount of money towards this, so someone would actually fulfill tasks.

Please leave your votes in the poll attached to this thread. If you have input on the matter, please leave it in the comments!

Old 01-29-2021   #2
Jabast

Voted no for now, as I personally can't miss any money during this pandemic due to not having a job.
Old 01-29-2021   #3
Goku
Registered Member

I voted yes and this is only yes IF the server/new server is restarting from scratch and a huge push to get people to join the project so we can average a lot of players

If we stay locked at the stats we are at now, I will never donate, nor come back.
Old 01-29-2021   #4
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
I voted yes and this is only yes IF the server/new server is restarting from scratch and a huge push to get people to join the project so we can average a lot of players

If we stay locked at the stats we are at now, I will never donate, nor come back.
Now this has to be considered. We need to find a good approach to this. We've promised not to reset anyone, so if we wanted to do that, we'd need to find the best compromise for all parts. Though without a proper server, nothing else matters either way. So let's take one step at a time

Old 01-29-2021   #5
Goku
Registered Member

Well let me know because I'd donate to advertising and server refresh.. new forums
Old 01-30-2021   #6
hieko
Registered Member

i think a lot of what drives people is the race to highscores and maxing so if you guys were to clean up the server a bit then reset and release it with bountied updates i think it would be a cool idea, maybe add post 99 levels(126 is 200m i believe?) or a prestiging of sorts since people like that grind like after you get all to 99 you can prestidge and reset with a prestidge rank up(lvl 1 2 3 etc)
Old 01-31-2021   #7
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hieko View Post
i think a lot of what drives people is the race to highscores and maxing so if you guys were to clean up the server a bit then reset and release it with bountied updates i think it would be a cool idea, maybe add post 99 levels(126 is 200m i believe?) or a prestiging of sorts since people like that grind like after you get all to 99 you can prestidge and reset with a prestidge rank up(lvl 1 2 3 etc)
Can definitely look into making Dodian more interesting, but resetting Dodian is not a long term solution.

So I'm more interested in knowing whether or not people would like this kind of solution. Where we put out tasks that needs to be developed, and the community can vote (with money, creating a bounty) for what they want the most. Then someone can complete those tasks and receive that money. Meaning those who say "if that and that, then sure" is not what I'm looking for

Old 02-01-2021   #8
Goku
Registered Member

I'll put 100$ in for advertising and a reset.
Old 02-03-2021   #9
junkbot
Premium

If there is a reset. Why not find a way to give those before the reset who were in the top 20-25 in each skill untradeable customisation items exclusive to them and never to be given out again. As for donating. I would legit make it a subscription like $1, $2, $5 per month with different options or unlocks. The cheaper you go the more likely people with donate or subscribe to something.
Old 02-04-2021   #10
Cache
Registered Member

All are good suggestions, thanks for taking the time out to post them
Closed Thread