Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Dodian Server

Old 03-05-2023   #1
Pro Noob
Developer

Default Combat balance + fixes

I have seen a rapidly access to mages lately. This is both happy and sad for that our other combat styles seems to be lacklusting.
This is promenant vs bosses and although I do no not like to change bosses to compensate, I see no other way around right now.

This means that bosses now block 15 - every 10 defence 1%. This means if a npc have 150 defence, they block 15 - 30% of your magic damage. This % can go up to a maximum of 40% (which means no more than 40% of your damage can be block, but a minimum of 15% of your damage is being blocked)

Other fixes:
  • Black mask no longer require defence level to be equipped
  • Fixed an issue with calculations for maxHit with black mask so it now works properly vs your task.
  • Whip has been buffed to be 100 str bonus and 95 attack bonus while we working on some other weapons.
  • Jungle demon, black demon, ice queen and abyssal guardian do their magic attack less frequently.
  • Black demon and jungle demon now hit less with their magic attack.
  • You can now use a enchanted gem on a monster and see some of their stats like maxHit etc.

Last edited by Pro Noob; 03-05-2023 at 12:05 PM.
Pro Noob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023   #2
Goku
Registered Member

Great to see updates and effort being put in but I worry it is nearly not worth it without having some sort of plan or care put into reviving the game in any capacity.

Turn the current server stats/users into a 'Legacy' mode and have a second server (I'm sure many including myself would contribute, and it is very low cost) and then start a 'New Beginnings' mode with some sort of effort happening to bring back players through discord and other means of communications, offer launch incentives and keep it entertaining and it would finally be possible to retain a player base with some community management. We need more community management and less development currently. PLEASE.
Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023   #3
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
We need more community management and less development currently. PLEASE.
I can certainly see where you're coming from with this, but I don't personally agree. At least not fully.

Before we need any community management, we need to execute the plans you suggested earlier in your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Turn the current server stats/users into a 'Legacy' mode and have a second server (I'm sure many including myself would contribute, and it is very low cost) and then start a 'New Beginnings' mode with some sort of effort happening to bring back players through discord and other means of communications, offer launch incentives and keep it entertaining and it would finally be possible to retain a player base with some community management.
This was what I was planning on doing, but with the server base we currently have (and client), it's not really that great.

Additionally, we kinda need a reworked website before we can start really focusing on the community side of things.

This would all involve a significant amount of development time, sadly.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023   #4
Renegade
Registered Member

Dodian wasn't great due to updates. In fact, Danno and Webster were very hesitant to update the server. Dodian was, is, and always will be known for the community.

Edit: Though it is nice to see Pro Noob putting forth the effort. I can see ADHD isn't a personal battle of his.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023   #5
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Dodian wasn't great due to updates. In fact, Danno and Webster were very hesitant to update the server. Dodian was, is, and always will be known for the community.

Edit: Though it is nice to see Pro Noob putting forth the effort. I can see ADHD isn't a personal battle of his.
Yeah, which is totally agreeable. Which again probably explains why it has been so many unsuccessful attempts; community isn't the same as it was 14+ years ago.

ADHD is not my battle with Dodian at the moment. It's finding time to actually work on it. I was unemployed for over a year, so I had a lot of time to spare, and no real projects other than what I felt in the moment - so sadly it was a bit chaotic.

Now that I have a full time job, it just isn't possible to justify spending my time developing Dodian. At least not in the capacity that would be required.

All we really need is an overhauled website, and an overhauled server. No new content, at least not to begin with. But since new content is what's easiest, and can give people a little sense of worthwhile gameplay, it's a nice compromise.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023   #6
gangster7
Registered Member

Default Help

Where i find lava dungeon? where is a JAD?
Where i drop twisted bow?
gangster7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023   #7
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangster7 View Post
Where i find lava dungeon? where is a JAD?
Where i drop twisted bow?
The dungeon and jad is under development.
The twisted bow is not released or plan on release, yet.
Old 03-11-2023   #8
gangster7
Registered Member

Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Noob View Post
The dungeon and jad is under development.
The twisted bow is not released or plan on release, yet.

Soo why is twisted bow in ranged options?
Sound good that it is developing , I can't wait for the update

Good job , keep doing it

Thanks
gangster7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023   #9
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangster7 View Post
Soo why is twisted bow in ranged options?
Sound good that it is developing , I can't wait for the update

Good job , keep doing it

Thanks
I forgot to remove it while I was fixing some issues that occur after the update.