Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Dodian Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2021   #1
Goku
Registered Member

Default Sooo...?

So the server is not happening I take it, been waiting for it. Almost June now.. just a yes or no please.
Old 05-20-2021   #2
Jabast

Think you forgot the fact we're all people with full time jobs. Have patience.
Old 05-20-2021   #3
BAJF
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
So the server is not happening I take it, been waiting for it. Almost June now.. just a yes or no please.
Highly doubt it. Don't get your hopes up.
I'm sorry.

Also Jabast, asking for patience is unreasonable. Goku asked a fair question considering there have been very few progress updates. The least thing players deserve at this point is transparent information on the current status. Not complete radio silence.
Old 05-20-2021   #4
Jabast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJF View Post
I'm sorry.

Also Jabast, asking for patience is unreasonable. Goku asked a fair question considering there have been very few progress updates. The least thing players deserve at this point is transparent information on the current status. Not complete radio silence.
I think you're both underestimating the time some of us have already put into it. We've said from the start not to have high expectations update wise. This started off as something purely for nostalgia's sake, and no matter what anyone says, it will always be that way. I've been working my ass of for 2 weeks and the first time I've pretty much turned on my pc is today. And I haven't seen anything in staff chat but the devs saying they are busy IRL atm. So all you can do is respect that instead of asking for updates in such a direct way.
Old 05-20-2021   #5
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Quote:
The server is happening. It just takes time, I don't solely dedicate my time towards Dodian.

I currently don't have a job, so I need to work on both the reasons why I don't, as well as prepare for what's to come.

There is quite a bit to develop before we can launch anything new, if we even are. We did ask about bugs in the current server, close to nobody reported any bugs, and those that were reported were mainly minor bugs that aren't game breaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJF View Post
I'm sorry.

It's also unreasonable for the community to expect us to deliver within the timeframe you believe is appropriate for whatever it is we do. Fact is majority of you don't even develop yourselves, so you don't know the first thing about what kind of effort is required to get things done.

Also quite important to note that Dodian is solely voluntary and we also have more important things to do aside from Dodian. I do know and understand that it's frustrating to have to wait, and see me wanting to make something, but never see any results. However, I never lie, and when I tell you we're making progress, but slowly, we're making progress. I don't say it just to get off the hook.
Old 05-20-2021   #6
Nightleaf
Registered Member

Server development is difficult and as Jakob has pointed out, we are doing this as a hobby and most of us have other things in our lives that take our time whatever it may be, everyone is different.

There is no promise or expectation here of a server being released. With that said I can give one small glimpse into what's going on behind the scenes. Server work was recently completed that moves us from a design phase to more of a development phase, however its still very early.

I appreciate the enthusiasm to still play Dodian after so many years of waiting and I myself would like to see this community get something it deserves after waiting so long which is why I joined the project to help.
Old 05-21-2021   #7
supertje
Registered Member

maybe we should ask the question differently as this question comes up often, what do we (the players / community) expect. A completely new server? or just some minor updates.

I think there are different expectations at the moment. And I think we should fix that. So what are the expectations of the players?
Old 06-03-2021   #8
Goku
Registered Member

I know, that's the response I did not want to receive. That's a record that keeps on skipping. The answer is the same as it always has, a project is underway and will come when we have time. I gtg
Old 06-03-2021   #9
K B D K0
Registered Member

Not gonna lie I'm lurking and I'm waiting for a fresh Dodian server. It's been a few years but I'm ready to camp nech 😂

All the best everyone.
Old 06-04-2021   #10
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Quote:
I know, that's the response I did not want to receive. That's a record that keeps on skipping. The answer is the same as it always has, a project is underway and will come when we have time. I gtg
Not like we need any excuses. If you can’t respect our time or understand that this is a voluntary project that we do when we have time, you should stop posting at all. We don’t owe anyone anything. Fact is, things have been the same since forever. But one day we will have something to show. However inconvenient the wait is.
Closed Thread