Add Quest point cape 3 42.86%
Random Max cape emote 4 57.14%
Max cape same emote as Quest point cape 2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2023   #1
Pro Noob
Developer

Default Content To Add #11

Note that you need to click on everything you want added and leave the rest blank!
Please have a read through them before decide what you desire to vote for!
Any of the options need 50% passing for us to know that we can add it into the game.
1 vote per person!
The poll will last for one week.
  1. Shall we add the combat skillcape perks?
    Attack - 5% increased chance of crit strike occur.
    Strength - 5% increase critical damage.
    Defence - 5% increase chance to trigger the blocking damage proc.
    Ranged - 5% chance to save ammounition.
    Magic - 5% chance to save runes while casting spells.
    Hitpoints - You regen 2 health instead of 1 per minute. Food now heal 10% more.
  2. Shall we add the production skillcape perks?
    Smithing - 5% chance to not use bars or coal while smithing or smelting.
    Crafting - 5% chance not to consume the leather or gold bars + whatever gem you used.
    Fletching - 5% chance to not use up bow string or log.
    Runecrafting - Your cape can now store rune essence equal to all pouches.
    Cooking - 5% chance of food not being consumed (shall we make it so food never burn?)
    Firemaking - 5% chance of logs not being consumed.
  3. Shall we add the character development skillcape perks?
    Agility - 5% chance to get an extra agility ticket when you finish the course.
    Slayer - Skipping task price is halved and you have a 5% chance to get the same task.
    Thieving - Acts as a highwaymask, 5% chance to double pickpocket.
    Prayer - 5% chance to not use up bones when offering to altar
  4. Shall we add the resource skillcape perks?
    Woodcutting - 5% chance for double log
    Fishing - 5% chance for double fish
    Mining - 5% chance for double ore
    Herblore - Ability to use grimy herbs on vial of water to make unfinish potions. 5% chance to not consume the ingredience.
  5. Shall we add the Max cape? This cape will cost 13.37 million coins. You need to have all skills at 99 to equip it. This cape if above pass will have all the above perks added to it.
  6. Shall we add the Quest point cape? This cape will cost 13.37 million coins. This cape require you to have 50 million experience in all skills that is not combat or combat relative. This means slayer and anything that give combat level is opt out of this. The reason I wanted to do it like this is due to the game mode of being a level 3 skiller. This cape if above pass will have all the above perks added to it.
  7. Shall the emote of Max cape be a random skillcape emote (including quest point cape emote)?
  8. Shall the emote of the Max cape be the same as the quest point cape?

If none of the perks pass, please leave a post on what you suggest each category should be changed to so we can poll them in the future.
Pro Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023   #2
Ivan
Retired Staff

So, i'd like to begin with what a great job you are doing Pro Noob and I love the consistent posting of polls for future content. With that being said, skillcape perks would be a nice addition to the game we all know and love but if they pass they need to be looked at even further as some may be deemed as 'OP'...Nonetheless a few tweaks and they should easily compliment gameplay without compromising the integrity of the game.

However, as much as we all would like quest cape/max capes to have perks of every other skillcape..I feel as if that would be entirely to OP.
I agree that the quest cape/max cape should be intoduced to the game but without perks.
I also agree on the prices for the 2 new capes that you came up with, as well as the requirements for them (especially the quest cape being obtainable for skillers).

I'm not sure exactly what you meant by 'random' max cape emote but it should have an emote just not a random one or the same one as the quest cape.

Like I said, if normal skillcape perks were to pass they would need further looking into as I counted a handful that could potentially be too powerful. I will stress again that even though it may seem warranted, having the questcape/max cape grant the perks of all skillcapes (even if just a percentage) is entirely too OP and may have a negative effect on the game.

EDIT:

I'd like to offer an idea for the quest cape. Yes, I like the fact that you are trying to add something for skillers and the cape will be an achievement for all those that are able to wear it...but realistically who is going to be able to equip that?

As much as I loathe taking away potential updates for skillers, what if you presented the quest cape differently? I have two ideas...

Idea #1:
You could present it as a sort of comp-cape.
What I mean by that is make it one-step further than the max cape and have it require ALL skills have 50m experience points to wear it.

Idea #2:
Otherwise I would suggest making it a cape for skillers but require 99 (13m xp) in all non-combat related skills instead of the 50m you proposed.

Last edited by Ivan; 07-07-2023 at 05:47 PM.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023   #3
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
So, i'd like to begin with what a great job you are doing Pro Noob and I love the consistent posting of polls for future content. With that being said, skillcape perks would be a nice addition to the game we all know and love but if they pass they need to be looked at even further as some may be deemed as 'OP'...Nonetheless a few tweaks and they should easily compliment gameplay without compromising the integrity of the game.

However, as much as we all would like quest cape/max capes to have perks of every other skillcape..I feel as if that would be entirely to OP.
I agree that the quest cape/max cape should be intoduced to the game but without perks.
I also agree on the prices for the 2 new capes that you came up with, as well as the requirements for them (especially the quest cape being obtainable for skillers).

I'm not sure exactly what you meant by 'random' max cape emote but it should have an emote just not a random one or the same one as the quest cape.

Like I said, if normal skillcape perks were to pass they would need further looking into as I counted a handful that could potentially be too powerful. I will stress again that even though it may seem warranted, having the questcape/max cape grant the perks of all skillcapes (even if just a percentage) is entirely too OP and may have a negative effect on the game.
Thank you for the feedback.
The random emote is just take all skillcape emote and just randomly select one every time you click on it.

The concern for the perks I can see occuring. If we deem them to op we do have an option to split it between trim and none trim so we can balance around that.

For the max cape and quest point cape in terms of perks I can see the quest point cape not having the perks for combat ones but the others I seem fine due to how much you need to do in order to get the cape to begin with along with the price. The max cape is there due to it having all the skillcapes in one.
Old 07-07-2023   #4
Ivan
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Noob View Post
Thank you for the feedback.
The random emote is just take all skillcape emote and just randomly select one every time you click on it.

The concern for the perks I can see occuring. If we deem them to op we do have an option to split it between trim and none trim so we can balance around that.

For the max cape and quest point cape in terms of perks I can see the quest point cape not having the perks for combat ones but the others I seem fine due to how much you need to do in order to get the cape to begin with along with the price. The max cape is there due to it having all the skillcapes in one.
I feel as if the max cape is going to have the perks from ALL skillcapes it would be too OP unless it was a max cape (t) that required 50m in ALL skills. Then it would feel more earned and less game-breaking.

Other than that, the random emote for max cape seems very appropriate and a great idea!
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023   #5
Chambe
Registered Member

Very in favor of Max cape.

Would prefer to see an alternative over skillcape perks. Being more or less forced to purchase and use the Skillcape if you wish to continue a skill after 99 is just not very appealing to me.

My suggestions is some sort of task/reward system to unlock either permanent invisible boosts or experience-boosting gear. The "daily" aspect of it can of course be tedious, but it could also be positive for player retention. Another suggestion is just straight up having experience-boosting gear available through random drops from doing an activity.
Chambe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023   #6
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chambe View Post
Very in favor of Max cape.

Would prefer to see an alternative over skillcape perks. Being more or less forced to purchase and use the Skillcape if you wish to continue a skill after 99 is just not very appealing to me.

My suggestions is some sort of task/reward system to unlock either permanent invisible boosts or experience-boosting gear. The "daily" aspect of it can of course be tedious, but it could also be positive for player retention. Another suggestion is just straight up having experience-boosting gear available through random drops from doing an activity.
Been thinking about to unlock each perk requires 50m in that skill (if using max cape). Not sure how we will do as we stand. Sorry if this is not reflected in the current poll as I have came up with the idea base on feedback.