Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Dodian Server

View Poll Results: Server Wipe/Reset Upon New Server/Client Launch?
Yes, reset everything! 36 44.44%
Yes, but only reset the eco! 7 8.64%
No, let's keep our current progress! 38 46.91%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2020   #31
NotIdeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightleaf View Post
Look at the state of the community and the server that people are playing. Then add in the history of Dodian in the last several years, I would love to see this flourish but I haven't seen evidence that it will. I'm not saying it to be rude but to make sure it makes someone work hard to get it vaguely close to what it was again, or to re-invent it into something new that is even better.
Will never flourish, check out any top 100 list and 97/100 are pre-EOC (Custom) PVM servers with raids that are majority of the time P2W.
Old 05-13-2020   #32
Nightleaf
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotIdeal View Post
Will never flourish, check out any top 100 list and 97/100 are pre-EOC (Custom) PVM servers with raids that are majority of the time P2W.
That was my point.
Old 05-15-2020   #33
Zman
Registered Member

should reset and make a big announcement via email to past members before relaunch
Old 05-17-2020   #34
N0t

Default hope they reset it

just reset the server good for the eco
Old 05-17-2020   #35
KxWarrior
Registered Member

Feel like every time the server is reset half the people leave.

For once I say leave it up. Its not like it’s 1:1 to rs for xp
Old 05-17-2020   #36
junkbot
Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by KxWarrior View Post
Feel like every time the server is reset half the people leave.

For once I say leave it up. Its not like it’s 1:1 to rs for xp
Agree with this. If it is reset I might come back, but honestly if I know today that it is going to be reset, I'm not going to play for the next idc how many months until the reset. And many people will think the same. Then who knows who will come back after the reset.
Old 05-19-2020   #37
Jords

Reset, and scale back attainable items, in particular best is slot etc
Start basic and let accounts and the economy work their way up
Release items/content as it sees fit
I also think there needs to a bigger focus what the player base want also
I even think some changes to the original Dodian are necessary
Old 05-19-2020   #38
Nekromancer

What do you think about reset economy and only combat skills ?
Old 05-19-2020   #39
Wolf
Alpha

Being one of the most active players lately (on break and staying up late lol) and observing things, i get all sides but i think as of now, resetting is a bad option. Itll only serve to scare away those few of us that ACTUALLY play and the new people weve worked hard to help and keep coming back.
4-5 max for months to seeing 10-15 regularly over this one week alone is progress no matter how small
If i was an old vet and i came back to an empty bank, fresh stats and all that time i spent gone, i wouldnt have it in me to do all that again and id probs quit.

Just food for thought!
we all wanna see dodian become something awesome
Old 05-21-2020   #40
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
I also think there needs to a bigger focus what the player base want also
I haven't seen a lot of requests tbf. Also a problem with fulfilling requests have been the server's source code being limiting, as well as limited amount of hands to write the code. I for one am not likely to implement any content or changes to Dodian.

Also there have been attempts at adding content/changes that community seems to want, however every time this is done, it leads to a lot of drama. Hence why I personally just pushed for a legacy Dodian remake that resembles what Dodian once was, not like a Dodian-modernization.

The conclusion is probably to consider what the community want, but consider them thoroughly before just going ahead and adding it. There are quite a few things that community seems to want, but isn't necessarily a good thing to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
Reset, and scale back attainable items, in particular best is slot etc
Start basic and let accounts and the economy work their way up
Release items/content as it sees fit
Probably won't happen. There is no real reason to reset the current progress. Think the best we'll be able to do is adding ironman modes, and potentially some highscores to go with it, so people can compete with that as well.

Potentially we could look into adding a highscores list option for post new server launch, where only characters created after that point will be listed, so those who wish to compete for the #1 spots post new server launch could do, and at the same time reach for the all time highscores. Guess that could be called seasonal highscores.

Without a real plan, there really is no point resetting the eco. Dodian never had good content, it always had badly designed content. The design stems from someone developing an RSPS for fun, and eventually it shaped into what Dodian became, people loved it, and it worked because there was a decently sized community around it. This isn't the case anymore, so we need to consider that.

If we are really going to push towards changes. A complete revamp (which has been attempted before), would be the way to go, and a new name to go with it. This is why I pursued Eldrios instead, because that doesn't make any expectations that it should be like Dodian or keep any elements.

Because when we start changing Dodian's content, it doesn't become Dodian anymore, which means we kinda lose the whole point of having a Dodian remake. It's better to have another server/project, under a new name to go along with the legacy Dodian remake with minimal changes.

This is my take on it anyway. If anyone has any opinions, they can feel free to voice them and it'll be considered

The biggest problem at the moment is time, hands and willingness to write code for Dodian. Would need to be more involvement on those for this to shape into a good remake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Being one of the most active players lately (on break and staying up late lol) and observing things, i get all sides but i think as of now, resetting is a bad option. Itll only serve to scare away those few of us that ACTUALLY play and the new people weve worked hard to help and keep coming back.
4-5 max for months to seeing 10-15 regularly over this one week alone is progress no matter how small
If i was an old vet and i came back to an empty bank, fresh stats and all that time i spent gone, i wouldnt have it in me to do all that again and id probs quit.

Just food for thought!
we all wanna see dodian become something awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekromancer View Post
What do you think about reset economy and only combat skills ?
Think you'll find lots of answers in my reply to Jords

Closed Thread