Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Dodian Server

View Poll Results: Server Wipe/Reset Upon New Server/Client Launch?
Yes, reset everything! 36 44.44%
Yes, but only reset the eco! 7 8.64%
No, let's keep our current progress! 38 46.91%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2020   #51
Spunky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Absolutely a full reset is necessary.
Lol look at the idiot making suggestions like he knows what's going on here.
Old 06-17-2020   #52
junkbot
Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky View Post
Lol look at the idiot making suggestions like he knows what's going on here.
Especially after asking why so many failed and kept getting remade... Maybe people kept leaving because their stats were always reset... Guess he never thought of that.
Old 06-18-2020   #53
Psionyx

Doesn't seem to think much at all. But I stick to my opinion, and he seems to validate it to some extent. The people who want resets are either inactive due to getting bored and a fresh start is always fun.. stakers who aren't playing cuz they lost it all but will play again if they got a clear chance to be one of the richest... I understand Nozemi said there's some eco damage done due to past dupes and such, but based on what I've seen in recent months, the accounts known for those dupes haven't been active in God knows how long, and aren't circulating the glitch-obtained items... I just see a reset being detrimental to player base were built just within the past month.. around here 10+ is enough to be playable and not feel alone lol. A reset in my opinion. Would lead to a burst of old players/stakers coming back, and the usual fizzle-out in 2-3 months.. a reset is not the fix to what people are saying are problems, it's a band-aid
Old 06-18-2020   #54
Smoke

Can you please reset the server? I see majority of the votes for a full reset. If there is a good time to do it, it's now. Many people are not currently working and are remaining at home worldwide, this is prime time to bring in new players and old players.
Old 06-19-2020   #55
junkbot
Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Can you please reset the server? I see majority of the votes for a full reset. If there is a good time to do it, it's now. Many people are not currently working and are remaining at home worldwide, this is prime time to bring in new players and old players.
Wolf and Lil have been playing non-stop for the last month to get to the top. They're #2 and #3 overall. I've got #1 place in 3 skills and about to get my 4th #1 place. There have been 10-15 people on per day for the last month or more. These people have not been working and remaining home. Why would a reset need to take place? You want to just invalidate the work of the people who have played for the last 2 months for what? You'd lose these people, and any new people coming in would just leave after a few weeks anyway. Your argument about people staying home doesn't make sense. People have been staying home for 2 months now and they've been playing.

---

And as for the vote. The vote is so high for the reset because so many new people have come and asked for a reset only to leave after a few days to a week. Those number are inflated by people who don't even play.

Last edited by junkbot; 06-19-2020 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Edit after the ---
Old 06-19-2020   #56
Spunky
Banned

A reset is definitely a bad idea. As if the 50 other times a reset never worked hasn't proven that, a lot of people would just leave. We've all worked for our stats and there's absolutely no reason for them to be erased just for another temporary boost in players that will inevitably fade again like they always do once they get maxed again. The only people who really voted for a restart anyway are people who don't play. All around a bad idea.

Plus Ivan said no restart regardless of these poll results.
Old 06-19-2020   #57
Nozemi

Quote:
The poll wasn't made because I want to do what the majority votes for. Which I vaguely stated in the OP as well. I just wanted to see where community's heads are at.

As I've said in a couple posts earlier as well, a reset is not the solution. It's not gonna be helpful in the long run.

Old 06-19-2020   #58
Smoke

[QUOTE=junkbot;2170]Wolf and Lil have been playing non-stop for the last month to get to the top. They're #2 and #3 overall. I've got #1 place in 3 skills and about to get my 4th #1 place. There have been 10-15 people on per day for the last month or more. These people have not been working and remaining home. Why would a reset need to take place? You want to just invalidate the work of the people who have played for the last 2 months for what? You'd lose these people, and any new people coming in would just leave after a few weeks anyway. Your argument about people staying home doesn't make sense. People have been staying home for 2 months now and they've been playing.

---
You clearly don't understand my point. There are many people in the world right now that are remaining at home. With a server reset and the right advertising this is a perfect time to bring in new players and old players. I don't know how else to rephrase this for you to understand. Also you said that there is 10-15 people online daily, I find that to be not accurate considering I have been coming and checking up on Dodian a lot recently and not once have seen 15 people online. I guess a restart is a sensitive subject for you since you have grinded this for while now and that's understandable. Just keep in mind bringing in new players and bringing back old players at this point in the game is just not going to happen.
Old 06-19-2020   #59
Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozemi View Post
The poll wasn't made because I want to do what the majority votes for. Which I vaguely stated in the OP as well. I just wanted to see where community's heads are at.

As I've said in a couple posts earlier as well, a reset is not the solution. It's not gonna be helpful in the long run.

I would like to let you know that before I went to work the votes were in favor of a reset. I come home 6 hours later and it appears someone has used alternate accounts and voted 9 times to keep the server the same. I think you should look into the guy who is making alternate accounts just to vote.

It was 36 in favor of a reset and 29 in favor of keeping everything the same. 6 hours later I come on and there is 38 votes on keep server the same. Sad that people would steep so low and cheat during a poll.
Old 06-19-2020   #60
junkbot
Premium

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkbot View Post
Wolf and Lil have been playing non-stop for the last month to get to the top. They're #2 and #3 overall. I've got #1 place in 3 skills and about to get my 4th #1 place. There have been 10-15 people on per day for the last month or more. These people have not been working and remaining home. Why would a reset need to take place? You want to just invalidate the work of the people who have played for the last 2 months for what? You'd lose these people, and any new people coming in would just leave after a few weeks anyway. Your argument about people staying home doesn't make sense. People have been staying home for 2 months now and they've been playing.
---
You clearly don't understand my point. There are many people in the world right now that are remaining at home. With a server reset and the right advertising this is a perfect time to bring in new players and old players. I don't know how else to rephrase this for you to understand. Also you said that there is 10-15 people online daily, I find that to be not accurate considering I have been coming and checking up on Dodian a lot recently and not once have seen 15 people online. I guess a restart is a sensitive subject for you since you have grinded this for while now and that's understandable. Just keep in mind bringing in new players and bringing back old players at this point in the game is just not going to happen.
I understood you correctly. What I was saying is that while there are many people around the world right now remaining home, quarantine started in many of the world's countries about 2 months ago. Hence why I have seen 10-15 people on a day. Some Europe, some US, some from NZ. Over the last 2 months of quarantine these people have been playing. It would be unfair to us to have reset after we have grinded so hard. If an advertising push was to be made it should have been done 2 months ago when quarantine was in full effect, not now when most places are opening back up again and people are going to work.

Restarting is a sensitive subject because of the work a lot of people have been putting in. These people who have been playing for the last 2 months would most certainly not come back if they saw everything erased. The server would be losing 10-15 people who play almost every day, in the hopes of getting 20+ new people who might play for a bit and then leave.

This server isn't something flashy and amazing like the other servers out there with all their PKing and skills and minigames and what not. Those people coming in will lose interest. And as for the people who might come back after being gone for so long, they will just leave again like they did in the first place. It's unfortunately how it happens a lot of the time. It sucks but that's life.

You yourself have said that you've come on to check how things are, why have you not stayed? What stopped you from playing some more with the rest of us? If you want it to be like a reset then just sign up again with a new account and start from scratch. Nothing is stopping you. Unlike other servers, those of us with higher stats always give out free things to those who are starting out. I've given away heaps of things, as has Wolf, as has Lil, as have so many other people.

If the reset is to give you a chance to get on the highscores, then sorry to say that would not be nice at all. I used to be in the top 15 in the highscores last year, then I stopped playing and dropped way behind. I'm getting back up there now thanks to playing the last 2 months.

The one thing we should keep in mind is that this server is not meant to be a cash grab and dump like most other servers out there that just die after a few months. And it's not intended to be the top. This is a server for those who just want to play and have fun. I'm sure when the new server base is done the admins will send a mass email to everyone registered and let them know.
Closed Thread