Protection prayer reduce half the damage taken 9 69.23%
Give Range boosted prayer accuracy and damage 10 76.92%
Give Magic boosted prayer accuracy and damage 10 76.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2022   #1
Pro Noob
Developer

Default Content To change #7

Here is a list of what I wish to add to the game.
Note that you need to click on everything you want added and leave the rest blank!
Please have a read through them before decide what you desire to vote for!
Any of the options need 50% passing for us to know you want this in your game.
1 vote per person!
The poll will last for one week.
  1. Shall we rework combat? This would mean we are going to look into different npc do different combat style aswell as bosses having mechanics.
  2. If combat rework pass, should we look over all drops to perhaps make them more fair? This could mean coins dropping less, but herblore supplies dropping more.
  3. If combat rework pass, should we rework how range works? We would introduce range accuracy as a standalone stat and range strength to arrows and bows.
  4. If combat rework pass, should we rework how magic works. We will have magic accuracy as a standalone stat but add magic damage % (we only got magic damage currently)
  5. If combat rework pass, should we rework how melee works? We would combine all 3 melee accuracy into one stat melee accuracy. Melee strength will not be changed.
  6. If combat rework pass, should we combine all 3 melee defensive stats into 1? This would mean we will have defence for melee, range and magic in the game. As we are only checking your stat defensive I figured this would be best course of action.
  7. Should we introduce prayer? This would mean all prayers except the ones with saving items will work.
  8. If we introduce prayer, should we make it so that all protection prayers are giving 50% reduce damage towards their corresponding protection? Protect from melee -> melee damage, Protect from missile -> range damage, Protect from magic -> magic damage.
  9. If we introduce prayer should we make range prayer give both damage and accuracy?
  10. If we introduce prayer should we make magic prayer give both damage and accuracy?

Last edited by Pro Noob; 07-08-2022 at 10:14 AM.
Pro Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022   #2
Ivan
Retired Staff

This is actually a hard one to vote on...As for #9 and #10, we'd have to make sure that doesn't make it too OP. I can't recall if OSRS range/magic prayers give both dmg and acc or just one of those attributes.

As for everything else, this combat overhaul, if done properly and tweaked accordingly, would immensely help Dodian and the way players approach PvM and overall play the game. I can only imagine the amount of work needed to go into this...even small things like updating the stats on a bunch of items...I don't believe Skeletal armor would need the current 300-400+ defensive stats, Magic dmg has to accurately correspond with magic accuracy because with full infinity + bis magic gear + blood spells you could potentially never die and constantly rip NPCs with higher than avg. hits. Range is an entire different story as well.

If this poll goes through (which i'm hoping it does) we will need tons of testing and feedback from our players in order to complete the massive tweaking to each combat style as quickly as possible in order to keep the game playable.

Just my thoughts! Very well-written poll.

P.S.
For #8, are you going to follow by OSRS guidelines and make it protection prayers -50% dmg reduction against players while 'Dueling' and 100% against NPCs or 50% for against both Players and NPCs?

P.S.S.
I believe this is the first poll I voted for every single option:
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022   #3
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
This is actually a hard one to vote on...As for #9 and #10, we'd have to make sure that doesn't make it too OP. I can't recall if OSRS range/magic prayers give both dmg and acc or just one of those attributes.

As for everything else, this combat overhaul, if done properly and tweaked accordingly, would immensely help Dodian and the way players approach PvM and overall play the game. I can only imagine the amount of work needed to go into this...even small things like updating the stats on a bunch of items...I don't believe Skeletal armor would need the current 300-400+ defensive stats, Magic dmg has to accurately correspond with magic accuracy because with full infinity + bis magic gear + blood spells you could potentially never die and constantly rip NPCs with higher than avg. hits. Range is an entire different story as well.

If this poll goes through (which i'm hoping it does) we will need tons of testing and feedback from our players in order to complete the massive tweaking to each combat style as quickly as possible in order to keep the game playable.

Just my thoughts! Very well-written poll.

P.S.
For #8, are you going to follow by OSRS guidelines and make it protection prayers -50% dmg reduction against players while 'Dueling' and 100% against NPCs or 50% for against both Players and NPCs?

P.S.S.
I believe this is the first poll I voted for every single option:
Magic is only defence and accuracy. Range it just state % increase range, so not sure if it give dmg aswell as accuracy. This is all on osrs.
40% against players or 50% not decided and 50% against npc's as we got no death mechanics.

Last edited by Pro Noob; 07-08-2022 at 06:42 PM.
Pro Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022   #4
Ivan
Retired Staff

Very well thought out.. makes sense and I'm all for it.
+1
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022   #5
Redsnow
Registered Member

A combat Rework would be game changing and I'm all for it!
Redsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022   #6
Bryan
Registered Member

This is the kind of things this server needs! This would make a huge difference
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022   #7
Hooch
Administrator

Exciting stuff to come. I know Noob has been working very hard to bring these ideas to life. If anyone from our community has ideas please keep posting them as we love to see it.
Hooch is offline   Reply With Quote