Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > Support Center > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2018   #1
Rob

Default Combat Feedback

This is just going to look like a paragraph of me complaining, in a way i am but it's just my opinion for the best. I like what has been done don't get me wrong and there seems to be plenty of potential but it seems like the potential is going to get dropped.

With all the changes that were made there kinda seems no point to have the changes right now. Stuff was moved around, a little difference in the items used and obtained n stuff. Some things that I was expecting wit ha change like these were more ways to train range and mage and different ways to attack NPC's. Also there is not much variety of how and what to attack. No amulets, no capes, no range or mage gear, no arrows, few runes, now bows or staffs, no armor. There isn't even any mithril but there is black.

Add this stuff if you're actually serious about the game developers/staff. It can't be that hard.
Old 02-13-2018   #2
Zman
Registered Member

Range gear, arrows, runes, bows, amulets, and mithril can all be made by skilling. I could add mithril as a drop but would you use it if I did? Would anyone?

I’m not saying we don’t plan on adding new things and expanding the games content, but what were trying to do here is to create something new, fun, and original that has longevity. I could add 20 new click-to-kill NPC mobs and 10 new click-to-kill boss NPCs right now and put them online tonight. We could have them drop fury amulets, bandos, godswords, armydyl, and infinity. But where do we go from there? How long will that be fun for? Just until you’ve gotten all the drops? Where does that leave us for potential future updates? Once all this stuff is added to the game; there is no way to take it back, so we need to make sure it’s added in a way that is fun for everyone, and not just people doing combat.

As we proceed with this project we plan on adding things like dynamic boss fights that aren’t just click and wait until it’s dead, we will be introducing minigames and quests along with interesting and entertaining ways to train skills; all with worthwhile rewards. But these things take time to do right. I assure you, if you are patient, you won’t be disappointed with what the future holds for Dodian.
Old 02-13-2018   #3
whoa 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post
Range gear, arrows, runes, bows, amulets, and mithril can all be made by skilling. I could add mithril as a drop but would you use it if I did? Would anyone?

I’m not saying we don’t plan on adding new things and expanding the games content, but what were trying to do here is to create something new, fun, and original that has longevity. I could add 20 new click-to-kill NPC mobs and 10 new click-to-kill boss NPCs right now and put them online tonight. We could have them drop fury amulets, bandos, godswords, armydyl, and infinity. But where do we go from there? How long will that be fun for? Just until you’ve gotten all the drops? Where does that leave us for potential future updates? Once all this stuff is added to the game; there is no way to take it back, so we need to make sure it’s added in a way that is fun for everyone, and not just people doing combat.

As we proceed with this project we plan on adding things like dynamic boss fights that aren’t just click and wait until it’s dead, we will be introducing minigames and quests along with interesting and entertaining ways to train skills; all with worthwhile rewards. But these things take time to do right. I assure you, if you are patient, you won’t be disappointed with what the future holds for Dodian.
God-tier response
Old 02-13-2018   #4
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post

You can't say to me you're not adding mithril becuase its not going to be used when you did a full thing with black armor and black claws bro. Me saying mithril was just an example. Bandos, godswords whatever else are all just examples. The lack of content and adding it later doesn't show long living nothing. It shows lack of content its that simple. And I'm not saying its a bad thing.
The bad thing is having 100 ways to train melee, 100 weapons to train melee with, but 1 way to train magic, 1 way to train range. If you're going to sit there and say i an make mith, i can make runes, i can make arrows, then why are there no other ways to get these things other than making it. I got full addy and I didn't make it, I got it in a couple hours from drops.

In my opinion what you should do is have lower tier things added for everything if you want longevity or whatever the fuck you wana call it. And if you're going to force one skill to be trained by making it yourself or having others make it for you, you do that with all skills. That includes melee or whatever else.

Teaching an old dong new tricks doesn't work because all of us know the old tricks, all of us know there are no new tricks. You're going to have to "invent" your own tricks if u want what you're looking for.
- An example being maybe a boss that uses more than just melee or knocks u back etc. Maybe needing a certain weapon or item to fight it. Maybe making it so that to get an certain item or weapon u have to train X skill. But all worth while and not boring.
Old 02-13-2018   #5
Eydrian

I have to agree (slightly)

We dont want too many drops because we want to make skilling beneficial and economically stimulating.

But your right in that act that noc drops are (and always tend to be) in favor of melee. There needs to be some arrow/rune drops, enough that you could train magic and range by grinding mobs but not too much that it is more rewarding than fletching/runecrafting.

I think we were a little premature on release and could have used an extra week or 2 to work out the logistics of things a bit better.
Old 02-13-2018   #6
Zman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eydrian View Post
I have to agree (slightly)

We dont want too many drops because we want to make skilling beneficial and economically stimulating.

But your right in that act that noc drops are (and always tend to be) in favor of melee. There needs to be some arrow/rune drops, enough that you could train magic and range by grinding mobs but not too much that it is more rewarding than fletching/runecrafting.

I think we were a little premature on release and could have used an extra week or 2 to work out the logistics of things a bit better.
Would have been nice to have another few weeks of beta.
Closed Thread