Dodian Forums

Dodian Forums (https://dodian.net/forums.php)
-   Dodian Server (https://dodian.net/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Fixes 17/7 2020 (https://dodian.net/showthread.php?t=523)

Pro Noob 07-17-2020 01:49 PM

Fixes 17/7 2020
 
  • You can now operate your cape in the equipment interface to trim. This requires 50 million in the skill to do so.
  • Made it more likely to get a random event (1:10000 -> 1:8000)
  • Made a formula to lower the above chance with more depend on how much you gain in experience. So this will not stay 1:8000 when you gain more then 10 experience.
  • You no longer gain a random event trigger from burning food!
  • Random events now check for a trigger before the rest (fishing, woodcutting and mining)

KxWarrior 07-18-2020 11:50 PM

Not trying to be a dick but why would Nozemi say that there arent going to be updates to this source because a new source is being worked on, but evidently that isnt the case?

Snook 07-18-2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KxWarrior (Post 2215)
Not trying to be a dick but why would Nozemi say that there arent going to be updates to this source because a new source is being worked on, but evidently that isnt the case?

Truth. Also the discord link on the website no longer works. If you'd like an intelligent and motivated developer to fix it, please let me know.

Pro Noob 07-19-2020 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KxWarrior (Post 2215)
Not trying to be a dick but why would Nozemi say that there arent going to be updates to this source because a new source is being worked on, but evidently that isnt the case?

These are more fixes to current content rather then new content (update)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snook (Post 2216)
Truth. Also the discord link on the website no longer works. If you'd like an intelligent and motivated developer to fix it, please let me know.

Discord recently made a change to their api (switch website url) and we have yet to update this on our end.

Nozemi 07-19-2020 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KxWarrior (Post 2215)
Not trying to be a dick but why would Nozemi say that there arent going to be updates to this source because a new source is being worked on, but evidently that isnt the case?

Because that was the deal then. Idk why this kind of stuff is so important to the community anyhow. Everyone has the ability to contribute to the server code-wise anyway.

And as I've stated a few hundred times now; this is just a community-driven project for fun. Yet we see some serious level of entitlement from certain individuals. But I'll remember to prevent myself from having any excitement what so ever from Dodian ever again, because it's never truly appreciated anyway.

Knight 07-19-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nozemi (Post 2218)
Because that was the deal then. Idk why this kind of stuff is so important to the community anyhow. Everyone has the ability to contribute to the server code-wise anyway.

And as I've stated a few hundred times now; this is just a community-driven project for fun. Yet we see some serious level of entitlement from certain individuals. But I'll remember to prevent myself from having any excitement what so ever from Dodian ever again, because it's never truly appreciated anyway.

Still using the community-driven agenda? Cliche.

Any dodian remake that you have been apart of has never been for fun, you took it quite serious back in 2015-17 with your forums you were developing, etc. Now all of a sudden it has been barrened onto the community as a burden.. so any type of success from this will ultimately be from us as a whole. It's quite sad and really unprofessional.

You wonder why veteran players like myself mock your intuition? It's because we have seen this happen for the past 10+ YEARS. Now we are left with a helpless, dysfunctional know-it-all; AKA, you.

So please, refrain from continuing your tyrant behaviour. What you have said to me previously has not been forgotten.

Jabast 07-20-2020 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight (Post 2219)
Still using the community-driven agenda? Cliche.

Any dodian remake that you have been apart of has never been for fun, you took it quite serious back in 2015-17 with your forums you were developing, etc. Now all of a sudden it has been barrened onto the community as a burden.. so any type of success from this will ultimately be from us as a whole. It's quite sad and really unprofessional.

You wonder why veteran players like myself mock your intuition? It's because we have seen this happen for the past 10+ YEARS. Now we are left with a helpless, dysfunctional know-it-all; AKA, you.

So please, refrain from continuing your tyrant behaviour. What you have said to me previously has not been forgotten.

This post was beyond unnecessary and you should be thankful for noz being around or it wouldn't be up at all. Show some respect, the people behind dodian at this point have put a decent amount of time and work in to make this somewhat playable.

Nozemi 07-20-2020 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight (Post 2219)
Still using the community-driven agenda? Cliche.

Any dodian remake that you have been apart of has never been for fun, you took it quite serious back in 2015-17 with your forums you were developing, etc. Now all of a sudden it has been barrened onto the community as a burden.. so any type of success from this will ultimately be from us as a whole. It's quite sad and really unprofessional.

You wonder why veteran players like myself mock your intuition? It's because we have seen this happen for the past 10+ YEARS. Now we are left with a helpless, dysfunctional know-it-all; AKA, you.

So please, refrain from continuing your tyrant behaviour. What you have said to me previously has not been forgotten.

Yet again you show very clearly that you don't understand anything. "Unprofessional", that's pretty much what I just said before you. I don't know who you are, or what I have done to make you despise me this much, but since you're clearly too upset with me to be arguing like adults, I'm gonna have to ask you to refrain from posting about me ever again, otherwise I'll take away your ability to voice your opinions as a whole on this forum.

Nobody will work on Dodian for free to magically make this a successful thing. That clearly includes you. Please try to understand that. Thank you!

I mean, the alternative is that I shut down the whole thing, and someone continues on this 10 year loop we have seen. We have never had a successful remake, at least not a lasting one. So instead of seeing a remake pop up every half year with resets and milking some premium money, I decided I will at least keep this one online. This way we at least have something online all the time.

I don't know how many ways I can try to explain this to you, but I don't have time or motivation to develop for Dodian for free. I also don't see any point in trying to monetize a Dodian remake. If you're too thick headed to see this from my point of view, please refrain from posting about this topic all together. Otherwise I'll be forced to take away your posting rights.

Fabrice L 07-28-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight (Post 2219)
Still using the community-driven agenda? Cliche.

Any dodian remake that you have been apart of has never been for fun, you took it quite serious back in 2015-17 with your forums you were developing, etc. Now all of a sudden it has been barrened onto the community as a burden.. so any type of success from this will ultimately be from us as a whole. It's quite sad and really unprofessional.

You wonder why veteran players like myself mock your intuition? It's because we have seen this happen for the past 10+ YEARS. Now we are left with a helpless, dysfunctional know-it-all; AKA, you.

So please, refrain from continuing your tyrant behaviour. What you have said to me previously has not been forgotten.

If you're just here to come flame at people who keep this going, just leave.
Yes, I've been here for like 99% of all the remakes in the past 10 years. And own the domain you're currently looking at.

Dodian is just here for those who want to play it and those who want to contribute are free to do so. I think neither me or Nozemi are charging anything for this, he handles hosting and I pay the domain.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.