Dodian Forums

Dodian Forums (https://dodian.net/forums.php)
-   Dodian Server (https://dodian.net/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Road Towards Official Release (https://dodian.net/showthread.php?t=254)

Nozemi 04-16-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chambe (Post 1029)
I've also spent a fair share of hours on the server, but splitting it up would be pretty pointless. A reset would be pretty harsh, no doubt, as there are players closing in on max total etc., but if the gameplay would be pretty different from the current server, I wouldn't really mind.

If, for example, new skills and improved drop tables would be added, the whole meta of playing the game would change (for the better imo). As of now, playing the game is very straight forward. Nothing inherently bad in that, just that it gets a bit repetitive and boring in the long run.

That's my thoughts exactly. Which is what we will be looking to do shortly after launching the new server.

Could probably retain the current stats and features in it's own contained world, and open a new world where we apply those changes.

I'm open to any (good) solution to this situation. Regardless of what we choose to do regarding this, it will be a difficult situation to make, as any decision has pros and cons.

Some people have also suggested lower XP rates, which I am in favor of, but given the amount of time this has ran now, it doesn't make a lot of sense to lower them. But long term, it wouldn't matter much.

Nozemi 04-16-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabast (Post 1028)
I have to agree with tictac on this one, I don't think it'd be a good idea to split up our small player base either. And since we were promised there wouldn't be a reset, I wouldn't like to see staff crawl back and reset anyways.
However I'm also pretty biased since I too have spent a lot of time on the server already.

I understand that, I really do. I've spent a fair amount of time grinding the server myself. All I'm trying to do, is find the better route to take, with an unbiased mind.

I don't want to reset, that probably won't happen. The second world would be to keep the current progress, more as a state of remake's history. Then a fresh start would be easier, because the stats and banks etc would still be available.

Doesn't even necessarily need to have a second world. Maybe just cut off the highscores to pre-release and post-release. However the thought I had on this wasn't to split our small playerbase. It was to see what will happen if we do two worlds.

We haven't yet done any effort what so ever to gain players, and yet we see an increase in playerbase. So if we start putting real effort into growing, I doubt two worlds would be a problem; secondly I doubt people would stick around on the world with current progress.

Mostly why people is against this kind of solution, is because it ruins the reason to grind the current server. Which I totally get. And given the history and amount of resets in this community, I agree that it's crazy with yet another reset.

Chambe 04-16-2019 12:06 PM

I'm all for a reset (or chucking the current server to another world or w.e) but I think we need to know asap if that's going to happen.

Neighbor 04-16-2019 06:30 PM

I used to play this game all the time in the glory days im so happy i randomly searched dodian today im on the beta now, just for nostalgia i hope to see this server actually be released soon

Nozemi 04-16-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neighbor (Post 1034)
I used to play this game all the time in the glory days im so happy i randomly searched dodian today im on the beta now, just for nostalgia i hope to see this server actually be released soon

It is actually released. There is however a larger update, revolving around replacing the client and server, with something more stable, that will allow us to evolve this Dodian server into something better.

Neighbor 04-16-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nozemi (Post 1035)
It is actually released. There is however a larger update, revolving around replacing the client and server, with something more stable, that will allow us to evolve this Dodian server into something better.

wait so what im playing on right now is released or beta?

seems like no one is on at all

Nozemi 04-16-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chambe (Post 1033)
I'm all for a reset (or chucking the current server to another world or w.e) but I think we need to know asap if that's going to happen.

Don't think a reset will happen, unless the majority decides they want it (in such a way we will know it's not biased opinions).

I think what will happen, is that we continue with the current progress, on the new server. Launch the new server as a bigger update, with events. And let the official launch be in the past (when this current server opened).

Skilling 04-16-2019 07:35 PM

so excited for this

Dude 04-16-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nozemi (Post 1037)
Don't think a reset will happen, unless the majority decides they want it (in such a way we will know it's not biased opinions).

I think what will happen, is that we continue with the current progress, on the new server. Launch the new server as a bigger update, with events. And let the official launch be in the past (when this current server opened).

This sounds spot on to me.

Looking forward to some community events.

Nozemi 04-17-2019 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neighbor (Post 1036)
wait so what im playing on right now is released or beta?

seems like no one is on at all

If no one is on, that's a beta. You need to click the play now link in the top to play the live server.