Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Dodian Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2020   #11
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Stop telling me to 'just make a remake yourself' as if that justifies ANYTHING?

How awful are you that stating this is the only solution to my issue here? You are such a disgrace to the name Dodian! If you think a player wanting to see a successful Dodian, that asked very minor questions, should be treated as such than you need to leave! This is the problem Dodian has had for years.

If Ivan wants to see a successful nostalgic remake than he needs to follow the correct path at finding the core issues on why Dodian Remakes have failed since the dawn of Dodian. No one has successfully remade a Dodian that lasts and that's all I care about.

I do not need to recreate my own Dodian server to prove a point!

Disgraceful!
You proved your point just fine. I answered your questions as well. I also told you I already more or less left.

What you fail to understand is; there is nobody that can make any professional guarantees to treat this project the way you want. Not even you apparently.

If I leave it completely, we're going back to the way things were when a new fresh just as shitty remake (both in management and play-ability) reboots every year or so. I suppose you want that then?

Get your head out of your ass. Maybe you can grasp the situation then.

The fact that the only thing you pull out of all I wrote is that I suggest you make your own remake, shows how much you don't really care about making this a successful thing. You're just here to talk shit about those who're currently in charge of making this whatever it currently is.

Old 06-16-2020   #12
Pro Noob
Developer

Why did the last Dodian, Exorth, etc. fail?
- You answered your own question:
" I have been playing many of Fabrice's last projects and have always been let down by the poor advertising of the server and overall unwillingness to see it progress ",
I believe mostly the "unwillingness to see it progress" part.
As we all know Dodian is a old source and need a upgrade. This upgrade is where we are currently at. If this sounds like the same ol same ol, then I am sad to see that is all I got.

How can you guarantee a stable playerbase?
- Noone can guarantee a stable player count. People lose interest, others come back. We do our best to make sure there is some sort of interest.

Will you conduct regular updates that address what the community wants to see, this time?
- We have done quite a few updates. Some of the stuff however is either not supportive due to dodian or just do not feel like dodian. If you got any suggestions feel free to leave a post here. We'll openly welcome them and also attempt to discuss.
Old 06-16-2020   #13
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Noob View Post
Why did the last Dodian, Exorth, etc. fail?
- You answered your own question:
" I have been playing many of Fabrice's last projects and have always been let down by the poor advertising of the server and overall unwillingness to see it progress ",
I believe mostly the "unwillingness to see it progress" part.
As we all know Dodian is a old source and need a upgrade. This upgrade is where we are currently at. If this sounds like the same ol same ol, then I am sad to see that is all I got.

How can you guarantee a stable playerbase?
- Noone can guarantee a stable player count. People lose interest, others come back. We do our best to make sure there is some sort of interest.

Will you conduct regular updates that address what the community wants to see, this time?
- We have done quite a few updates. Some of the stuff however is either not supportive due to dodian or just do not feel like dodian. If you got any suggestions feel free to leave a post here. We'll openly welcome them and also attempt to discuss.
Thank you Pro Noob for responding with an appropriate and professional response. This gives some clarity.

As for Nozemi telling me to take my head out of my ass for confronting the elephant in the room, that will not fly. This is your leadership bashing players wanting questions answered.

Obviously you can not 'guarantee' a stable playerbase, but there are means to making this happen. I have been with many projects that last years upon years and are still going, it takes the proper management and will to succeed. Telling players to contribute to an open source is such a cliche way of running this, you are relying on the community when there are clearly enough Educated and well known developers who could easily tackle this.

What a failure Nozemi has become.
Old 06-17-2020   #14
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Thank you Pro Noob for responding with an appropriate and professional response. This gives some clarity.

As for Nozemi telling me to take my head out of my ass for confronting the elephant in the room, that will not fly. This is your leadership bashing players wanting questions answered.

Obviously you can not 'guarantee' a stable playerbase, but there are means to making this happen. I have been with many projects that last years upon years and are still going, it takes the proper management and will to succeed. Telling players to contribute to an open source is such a cliche way of running this, you are relying on the community when there are clearly enough Educated and well known developers who could easily tackle this.

What a failure Nozemi has become.
You're ridiculously stupid. This is a closed case. Fuck off with your shitty opinions. Run back to whatever closet you came from.

I'm convinced you're just a troll.

Closed Thread