Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Dodian Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2020   #1
Smoke

Default Poll cheater

Just wanted to let everyone know that someone is cheating in the poll.

Came on here and replied to the "New Server and Client" thread. I asked for a full reset and pointed out majority of the votes are for a reset.

I cast my vote for a full reset and explained why it could be a good idea. 6 hours ago it was 36 in favor of a reset and 29 voting to keep the server the same. I arrive home and decide to pop on and check the forums. Within 6 hours it's now 36 in favor of a reset and 38 votes to keep the server the same.

You mean to tell me in a 6 hour period 9 people who have not already voted all came on in that 6 hour time frame and all voted to keep the server the same. Come on man...this is a new low, there isn't even 9 people online.

Last edited by Smoke; 06-19-2020 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-19-2020   #2
Wolf
Alpha

As nozemi said in the poll post, it was only used to see where the people were at and by the looks of things, the devs arent going ahead with it anymore, only if it was the best course of action. i get why a reset should happen but i get even more why it shouldnt. Only 3-4 people who voted for the reset are actually active while a much bigger percent who voted against it are active, everyday players
10-15 people is not that rare a sight anymore that means the player base IS building though slowly... and i think the devs understand that a reset will undo that.
Old 06-19-2020   #3
Wolf
Alpha

The votes were always kinda skewed... people voting with multiple accs was only one of the ways
Old 06-19-2020   #4
Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
The votes were always kinda skewed... people voting with multiple accs was only one of the ways
Yeah this specific incident was done right after I pointed out the fact there was more votes for a reset. Then someone who doesn't want the reset just used 9 alternate accounts to vote to keep progress after seeing my comment.
Old 06-19-2020   #5
Wolf
Alpha

yeah i got on today and saw, my eyes nearly popped out at the increase lmao
Dont take the poll to serious my homie be good to see you on! theres actually some awesome, helpful and fun people on here and there, you might just be on at the wrong time lol
Old 06-19-2020   #6
Spunky
Banned

They were discussing it online yesterday so the people on probably were the ones who voted. As wolf said, there are people using alts for votes on all sides. And as I previously said, the poll results mean nothing so doesn't matter anyway.
Old 06-19-2020   #7
Nozemi

Doesn't matter. And it's not as if I'd not check that before making an action based on votes. Relying solely on votes is a bad idea. I just wanted to get a rough idea where the community is at.

Closed Thread