Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Site

Old 08-07-2023   #11
Fabrice L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surface View Post
Plasma has proven to run successful launches in the past, and I agree he has the right intentions (restore the community and run a successful product). By keeping .net online this is essentially competing with .com (inadvertently). I know that Fabrice is the one that owns the domain, but I think it's a worth conversation to have about truly what is best for the entire community. I give you and Fab credit for keeping this alive as long as you have when you didn't have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
I give credit too. They did a good job. I don't view this site as competition as much as I do a distraction. It's good to have multiple avenues of play types and servers. However, Plasma is providing that with a variety of worlds. .net can cause some confusion

I don't see .com going down hill. I see it prospering in ways soon that .net was unable to. Im not saying .net is inadequate, just saying real life can get in the ways of the attention a community needs to grow.

I don't want, nor see, competition between the 2. I do think it's best that the communities find a way to merge, with Plasma at the helm controlling everything the way he currently is
I only see that happening in a meaningful way via a sell
You're fully entitled to think that way, yet we don't see any reason for this to happen.

1. Dodian.net is the longest running domain (2014-...), we have seen many others come and go, so for now this still looks like yet another attempt to me.

2. We're not planning to compete in any way, we're just here. Like we've been for many years and we're going nowhere.

3. You call us a distraction, while the only distraction happening is you distracting our staff with these nuisances.

4. I know Plasma had succesful runs, and I truly hope he can keep it running and it doesn't end up like Arponas did when he lost interest.

5. The entire goal of dodian.net is keeping everything accessible for no additional costs, server/client source and a live server. Everything you see here comes out of both Nozemi and my personal pockets.

End conclusion: Dodian.net is staying up and running as is. We are and will in no way try to compete with Plasma, he does his thing, we do our thing as he has mentioned already himself.

Last edited by Fabrice L; 08-07-2023 at 06:41 PM.
Fabrice L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023   #12
Surface
Registered Member

Understood. I just think it’s a loss opportunity for all sides involved to have a duplicate at .net when we have the original coming back with a motivated and capable developer. If you ever do consider selling it, you know where to find me. My intent would be to buy it and simply have it redirect to Dodian.com permanently. In front of the community I’ll place my verbal offer of $5,000 USD.
Surface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023   #13
Fabrice L

Quote:
Understood. I just think it?s a loss opportunity for all sides involved to have a duplicate at .net when we have the original coming back with a motivated and capable developer. If you ever do consider selling it, you know where to find me. My intent would be to buy it and simply have it redirect to Dodian.com permanently. In front of the community I?ll place my verbal offer of $5,000 USD.
You can offer all you want, money is the last of my worries to be honest. If I need 5k, I just go to work for a little longer.

We are not a duplicate, we are our own server. We're not even close to what dodian was back in the day. Even for me it would be a big jump back in time to play dodian as it was. But as usual, dodian as it was is gonna be just that, as it was. Some of us oldies will play and grind levels (even me probably), but it will slow down as per usual.

Just like us, dodian.com will have go its own direction, most likely with a new source (which I know Plasma is working on) and all new content to suit what people want to see in a private server nowadays.
Old 08-08-2023   #14
Pro Noob
Developer

Quote:
Understood. I just think it?s a loss opportunity for all sides involved to have a duplicate at .net when we have the original coming back with a motivated and capable developer. If you ever do consider selling it, you know where to find me. My intent would be to buy it and simply have it redirect to Dodian.com permanently. In front of the community I?ll place my verbal offer of $5,000 USD.
It has always been the original no matter how you see it, it is just this capable developer have taken it in a direction players want it to (hence the polls).
If you feel that ruin the "dodian feel", I am sorry but that is reality and people want more content.

As for dodian.com, I am sure they have capable developer or developers and I wish the best to them. I am sure if we were to compete it is for the better of both servers as it could make things happend.

Last edited by Pro Noob; 08-08-2023 at 01:03 AM.
Pro Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023   #15
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Quote:
Plasma has proven to run successful launches in the past, and I agree he has the right intentions (restore the community and run a successful product). By keeping .net online this is essentially competing with .com (inadvertently). I know that Fabrice is the one that owns the domain, but I think it's a worth conversation to have about truly what is best for the entire community. I give you and Fab credit for keeping this alive as long as you have when you didn't have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
I give credit too. They did a good job. I don't view this site as competition as much as I do a distraction. It's good to have multiple avenues of play types and servers. However, Plasma is providing that with a variety of worlds. .net can cause some confusion

I don't see .com going down hill. I see it prospering in ways soon that .net was unable to. Im not saying .net is inadequate, just saying real life can get in the ways of the attention a community needs to grow.

I don't want, nor see, competition between the 2. I do think it's best that the communities find a way to merge, with Plasma at the helm controlling everything the way he currently is
I only see that happening in a meaningful way via a sell
Distraction? Lol. There has been absolutely nothing at all to indicate anything at all what .com will become. It's good that you have faith in Plasma, but that's all there is, nothing has really happened yet.

Besides, I've made multiple mentions about letting someone take my place here. Yet here I am... Nobody was willing. I've also done everything in my power to enable anyone in the community to do whatever they feel like they can do better than me, without having to worry about whatever they think Fabrice or I might or might not do on .net.

We'll, as stated, remain online and available for those who have been playing here. If anything there has to be a better way to go about this than to shut this down.

That being said. We are, and have always, worked on things behind the scenes, so in the future there are eventually things to come. Though, not likely to see anything at all anything soon.

There just isn't any reason at all to do anything drastic for .net right now. Plasma and I have talked quite a bit, and we seem to be on the same page about most things, so I think we'll end up with a solution that'll work out for everyone.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023   #16
j3me5
Registered Member

It would be silly to hand over the keys. Why would this administration do that? Simply because they bought the original domain name? Keep in mind, the new .com owner is not Pablo and this is just another attempt at a Dodian remake project. How many remake projects have been retired over the past 14 years?

Why throw away .net?s reputation of being a stable dodian community?

Why throw away a community driven, open source project in favor of a closed source, premium membership model.

Don?t get me wrong, I?m just as excited as anyone that the original Uber 3.0 data will be available soon, but I like what we have here too
j3me5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023   #17
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3me5 View Post
It would be silly to hand over the keys. Why would this administration do that? Simply because they bought the original domain name? Keep in mind, the new .com owner is not Pablo and this is just another attempt at a Dodian remake project. How many remake projects have been retired over the past 14 years?

Why throw away a community driven, open source project in favor of a closed source, premium membership model.

Don?t get me wrong, I?m just as excited as anyone that the original Uber 3.0 data will be available soon, but I like what we have here too
Well said!
Old 10-24-2023   #18
Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice L View Post
You're fully entitled to think that way, yet we don't see any reason for this to happen.

1. Dodian.net is the longest running domain (2014-...), we have seen many others come and go, so for now this still looks like yet another attempt to me.

2. We're not planning to compete in any way, we're just here. Like we've been for many years and we're https://zumbaliciouscrew.com/en/zumba-online-class/ going nowhere.

3. You call us a distraction, while the only distraction happening is you distracting our staff with these nuisances.

4. I know Plasma had succesful runs, and I truly hope he can keep it running and it doesn't end up like Arponas did when he lost interest.

5. The entire goal of dodian.net is keeping everything accessible for no additional costs, server/client source and a live server. Everything you see here comes out of both Nozemi and my Viberate personal pockets.

End conclusion: Dodian.net is staying up and running as is. We are and will in no way try to compete with Plasma, he does his thing, we do our thing as he has mentioned already himself.
It's great to hear that Dodian.com is back! If you're excited about this return and wondering what to do next, here are some steps you can consider:

1. Explore the Game: Dive back into Dodian and explore the game. Familiarize yourself with the content, quests, skills, and gameplay.

2. Reconnect with the Community: Reconnect with old friends and fellow players. Join forums, Discord servers, or social media groups dedicated to Dodian to stay updated and interact with the community.

3. Set Goals: Decide what you want to achieve in the game. Whether it's leveling up your character, completing quests, or engaging in PvP activities, setting goals can enhance your gaming experience.

4. Stay Informed: Keep an eye on official announcements and updates from Dodian.com. This will help you stay informed about events, changes, and new features.

5. Contribute: If you're enthusiastic about the community and game, consider contributing by creating guides, organizing events, or helping new players.

6. Have Fun: Most importantly, have fun! Enjoy the game, create memories, and relish the experience of being part of the Dodian community once again.

Welcome back to Dodian.com, and have a fantastic time rediscovering this exciting gaming world!
Nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023   #19
Ivan
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3me5 View Post

I couldn't agree more plus .com is falling faster than an old lady in an earthquake. It hasn't even been 2 months and it's pretty embarrassing. Most Dodian remakes last a little longer. The only hope they have is the small spike in players they will get when rares are released then a week will go by and settle back to the numbers they are doing now...then with the OSRS Dodian coming out that Plasma is spending his time making...bleh
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023   #20
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
I couldn't agree more plus .com is falling faster than an old lady in an earthquake. It hasn't even been 2 months and it's pretty embarrassing. Most Dodian remakes last a little longer. The only hope they have is the small spike in players they will get when rares are released then a week will go by and settle back to the numbers they are doing now...then with the OSRS Dodian coming out that Plasma is spending his time making...bleh
Don't think that's fair tbh. I'm not convinced most Dodian remakes last longer. It's to be expected that there is a drop in activity by the time most of the 99s are achieved.

It's a lot of work to pump out enough well planned content that actually retains players. Also most players are only hooked on the idea of the nostalgic feeling, and that won't last long.