Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Dodian Community > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Should we add a donator shop? (For cosmetics)
Yes 15 51.72%
No 14 48.28%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2019   #11
Nozemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightleaf View Post
First impressions are important if you want to pull in new players, I would imagine most people dislike the idea of cosmetics that you can buy. Take this idea and come up with interesting ways to add fashion scape to Exorth with new content for players to do.

Exorth/Dodian remakes have one large problem of creating their own identity and the best way to do that is to add content in the same vein and quality just as back then on the originals. If some of your first major actions is to sell items well then your motive looks like you just want money rather than create a fun unique experience for those few people who play.
That's my thoughts as well. I however don't believe @Artur wants to go right ahead and add a donator shop. But in the future it could be a thing, if people wanted it.

Personally I'm voting no, regardless of it being untradable, in the future or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehPureShow View Post
From my mistakes, I'd say yes, but, tentatively. If you DO choose to add a cosmetic shop, make them entirely untradable. Reason being is, you'll push out 'Rare' items into your economy that anybody can buy to get ahead. Yes, you'll make a lot of money, but it'll take away the overall need-to-grind from the game, causing a very useless endgame and deflated economy.

Essentially, look at EA's Battlefront. They pumped out lootboxes. You basically paid to win. This is the inevitable if you choose to make all your items tradable.
Yeah, the untradeable is an absolute must if this is ever added.
Old 03-13-2019   #12
Shaduck

I agree with TehPureShow. This is an economy server and dodian was never pay to win. It was pay to get the better content of the server.
Shaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019   #13
Quetzal

Non-rare cosmetics are an awesome idea. That being it. Enough to flaunt "I donate to the server, and can look awesome!" The one thing that I loved about Dodian back in the day over EVERY other private server, it was fair. Nothing to be gained on donating other than unlocked areas.
Quetzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019   #14
McTubbz

I voted yes. However I don't see the need for an entire shop full of cosmetics. If you donate you should get a cape (1 cosmetic) and/or title. This way all other cosmetics are exclusive.
McTubbz is offline   Reply With Quote