Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Dodian Server > Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2019   #1
Dodian23
Registered Member

Default Future server updates

We are in 2019. Private servers now have so many features, so many customs, OSRS has been online for along time now.

What features would you guys like to see updated in the server?

New bosses? New items? What OSRS styled features could fit into the server?

List what you think, I'm sure the dev guys would love some community input! I will add all suggestions inside this thread, with your name tagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
I would like to see a huge advancement on the skilling frontier; this would have a positive impact on PVM'ers as well.

Add a prayer altar in the magic guild at home in Yanille. As of now, if you compare prayer levels to the combat levels and stats of the highest players, you'll notice a trend that prayer is considerably lower. This is because most people camp bosses, which should have some kind of bone drop to compensate their level. It also makes it more worth it to camp dragons for bones, for more XP on the altar. Undoubtedly, everyone would use this content addition. It would boost the amount of skilling supplies in the game, it may help get some people away from bossing to collect bones for the altar. As of now, dragon bones are 720 XP. That's over 18,102 dragon bones for 99 prayer. On oldschool Runescape, a dragon bone on altar is 252 XP. Meaning Dodian's prayer xp rate is less than 3x, the rates are supposedly 15x if you follow combat. Raise the prayer XP of a bone, and add the altar and make it comparable to combat. This in my opinion, is the quickest addition with the largest impact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
Runecrafting is an absolute grind. Around 12,000 essence to get 75 runecrafting which will allow you to craft Cosmic Runes. Cosmic runes currently have no practical use and it seems very strange considering bloods and nature runes require a higher runecrafting level in runescape, and also do not compare even closely with the usefulness of bloods and nature runes. I think a great idea to fix this problem would be to change cosmic to 40 runecrafting and make a practical use for them such as enchanting jewelry in the future.

Here's the idea at hand, now with it being explained above:

Replace Cosmics with Death Runes, Death runes will require 75 Runecrafting, death runes will now allow you to cast Ibans spell with an Iban staff that could be dropped by a new slayer boss requiring 70+ slayer to have a random chance of being assigned the task. Ibans spell would allow you to hit hard with the spell or crumble the undead.. To cast these spells you would need deaths runes.. this would be the hardest hitting magic staff and spell in game; which would entice runecrafters to achieve and create a stronger market to the bossers who want to hit hard with magic. It would get the slayer players involved to retrieve the staff. All around would create engagement.

Last edited by Dodian23; 02-24-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Dodian23 is offline   Reply With Quote