Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Site

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2023   #11
Fabrice L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surface View Post
Plasma has proven to run successful launches in the past, and I agree he has the right intentions (restore the community and run a successful product). By keeping .net online this is essentially competing with .com (inadvertently). I know that Fabrice is the one that owns the domain, but I think it's a worth conversation to have about truly what is best for the entire community. I give you and Fab credit for keeping this alive as long as you have when you didn't have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
I give credit too. They did a good job. I don't view this site as competition as much as I do a distraction. It's good to have multiple avenues of play types and servers. However, Plasma is providing that with a variety of worlds. .net can cause some confusion

I don't see .com going down hill. I see it prospering in ways soon that .net was unable to. Im not saying .net is inadequate, just saying real life can get in the ways of the attention a community needs to grow.

I don't want, nor see, competition between the 2. I do think it's best that the communities find a way to merge, with Plasma at the helm controlling everything the way he currently is
I only see that happening in a meaningful way via a sell
You're fully entitled to think that way, yet we don't see any reason for this to happen.

1. Dodian.net is the longest running domain (2014-...), we have seen many others come and go, so for now this still looks like yet another attempt to me.

2. We're not planning to compete in any way, we're just here. Like we've been for many years and we're going nowhere.

3. You call us a distraction, while the only distraction happening is you distracting our staff with these nuisances.

4. I know Plasma had succesful runs, and I truly hope he can keep it running and it doesn't end up like Arponas did when he lost interest.

5. The entire goal of dodian.net is keeping everything accessible for no additional costs, server/client source and a live server. Everything you see here comes out of both Nozemi and my personal pockets.

End conclusion: Dodian.net is staying up and running as is. We are and will in no way try to compete with Plasma, he does his thing, we do our thing as he has mentioned already himself.

Last edited by Fabrice L; 08-07-2023 at 06:41 PM.
Fabrice L is offline   Reply With Quote