Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Dodian Server

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2019   #1
Nozemi

Default Improving The Gameplay

EDIT: You're now able to reply to this thread. So please do when you can find the time!

So I'm thinking about joining the team, bringing my own ideas and actually making them happen. However, it would need to be something that the community actually want to see, otherwise I'm not going to bother.

I have two problems with Dodian, mainly that is. The end game content kind of sucks, always has (maybe always will). The bossing is kind of useless, because the same people always keeps afk-ing the bosses, so no one else can kill them.

(Potential) Boss Solution:
So this is in no way a new idea, it has been brought up before. We could have a system where you'd have to defeat guards or finish some kind of mini-quest before you proceed to kill the boss. Upon each kill, you're teleported away, either to the entrance or to home. By doing this, we'd not be able to run around and kill every boss all the time, because we simply wouldn't have the time.

Secondly, we could add a new kind of drop system, for certain (or all) bosses. Where each player participating in the kill would have a chance at getting a drop.

There could also be co-op bosses, which would require multiple players to kill them. Which certainly should give each player a chance at a reward.

A (Potential) Late Game Improvement:
So what do we do once we reach our desired 99s? Nothing! There's nothing left to be doing, other than grinding for that bank. Why would we do that? Because we're bored, but after a while, even that is more boring than looking into a wall.

So what if we introduced prestige for skills, where you'd get X bonus and/or benefit, depending on the skill? Which of course would come along with a highscore system that supports this kind of thing.