Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Site > News and Updates > Site

Old 10-27-2023   #21
j3me5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
I couldn't agree more plus .com is falling faster than an old lady in an earthquake. It hasn't even been 2 months and it's pretty embarrassing. Most Dodian remakes last a little longer. The only hope they have is the small spike in players they will get when rares are released then a week will go by and settle back to the numbers they are doing now...then with the OSRS Dodian coming out that Plasma is spending his time making...bleh
Haven't been impressed with it either. The beta -> release was way too short. There's too much drama. The staff is a bit annoying at times. Glad .net didn't merge with that hot mess.
j3me5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023   #22
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3me5 View Post
Haven't been impressed with it either. The beta -> release was way too short. There's too much drama. The staff is a bit annoying at times. Glad .net didn't merge with that hot mess.
Drama is basically a feature of Dodian, it's famous for its drama

But yeah, .com might be a bit too ambitious for how much time has gone into it, how quickly it was put out, and how few people are actually working on it.

I also offered to put in some help to get things progressing a bit faster, but Plasma never took me up on the offer for whatever reason. So I guess that's that.

Now, I don't know what happens at all on .com, was nothing for me there so I left it and stopped paying attention to it.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023   #23
Ivan
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozemi View Post
Don't think that's fair tbh. I'm not convinced most Dodian remakes last longer. It's to be expected that there is a drop in activity by the time most of the 99s are achieved.

It's a lot of work to pump out enough well planned content that actually retains players. Also most players are only hooked on the idea of the nostalgic feeling, and that won't last long.
.com lasted all of 2 months and that's being nice. The owner abandoned it 3 weeks in. Arch has been picking up the pieces since then and it held atleast 15 players until around 2 months.

The players didn't gradually stop playing because the hype of the nostalgic feeling faded away... it was because of the management style of Plasma...or lack thereof.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024   #24
Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3me5 View Post
It would be silly to hand over the keys. Why would this administration do that? Simply zumba for seniors because they bought the original domain name? Keep in mind, the new .com owner is not Pablo and this is just another attempt at a Dodian remake project. How many remake projects have been retired over the past 14 years?

Why throw away .net?s reputation of being a stable dodian community?

Why throw away a community driven, open source project in favor of a closed source, premium membership model.

Don?t get me wrong, I?m just as excited as anyone that the original Uber 3.0 data will be available soon, but I like what we have here too
I understand your concerns, and it's clear that you value the existing .net community and the open-source model. Decisions about domain ownership, project direction, and community involvement can be complex and depend on various factors, including the goals and preferences of those leading the projects.
Nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024   #25
j3me5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita View Post
I understand your concerns, and it's clear that you value the existing .net community and the open-source model. Decisions about domain ownership, project direction, and community involvement can be complex and depend on various factors, including the goals and preferences of those leading the projects.
Can you further elaborate on that?
j3me5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024   #26
Howardjones

It's encouraging to see efforts being made to strengthen the Dodian community.
Howardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024   #27
jameswesely4

Thanks for the post...*refrain from posting links*

Last edited by Pro Noob; 02-09-2024 at 10:42 AM.
jameswesely4 is offline   Reply With Quote