Dodian Forums

Go Back   Dodian Forums > Dodian Community > General Discussion

Old 07-17-2023   #1
Goku
Registered Member

Default How much $ to buy the rights to make community decisions?

How much $ to buy the rights to make community decisions?
Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023   #2
Pro Noob
Developer

I am not following. What kind of community decisions are you refering to? Why would anyone want to pay for that?
Pro Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023   #3
Iburn
Registered Member

Its free to have input. If youd like to be owner this is open source. Take a crack at it
Iburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023   #4
Nozemi
Admin & Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
How much $ to buy the rights to make community decisions?
You mean take over and veto what you think is the best route to take Dodian in? Despite being told by just about anyone with actual experience that it's not gonna be a success-story?

I hear rumors of https://dodian.com/ officially opening back up. No clue who is behind that. Perhaps their vision/plan is more aligned with what you wish to see?

Over here, on .net, we treat things as a community. Problem is, the community is very small. Every single effort I make toward something goes bust.

I tried to merge efforts with another remake, to see if things could work. I've tried to crowdfund. I've tried to open-source. I've tried to ask if anyone is interested in doing what I can't.

Ultimately we're back to square one. Anybody willing to take the lead on this either lack the necessary experience to get things done, or they don't have time. So I may as well just stay at the lead, despite not having the time Dodian really needs.

---

If you believe you can do better, you're free to download the source code and start your own. I'll even put your thing in an announcement, for those who wish to play your version.

I don't want to have this be a gatekeeping thing. I simply don't want to see the constant lame and stupid endless launch/shutdown cycle, where some asshat charges for premium each time. Furthermore, I want to ensure a Dodian remake, however good or bad, actually remains online.

---

Most of the time I don't see anything but random complaints for how shit things are done, but very little about how they think it'd be done better.

This means we'll have to make the best of it with whatever little information we have. Sometimes that might be good decisions, other times it might not be as good decisions.
Nozemi is offline   Reply With Quote